The first version of my iPhone/iPod Touch tide and current prediction app is now on the Apple App Store. It’s a very simple app, just an interface to David Flater’s Xtide prediction software running on a server. But it was an interesting experience to work with the iPhone specific APIs and get a finished (free) product out for distribution.
My submission timeline:
- Late Wednesday afternoon July 30: submitted to the App Store for review.
- Late Friday afternoon: server shows Apple testing the software.
- Saturday evening: server shows first end user usage.
- About midnight Saturday night/Sunday morning: received email notifying my app is now “Ready for Sale”.
- Sunday afternoon: first two user reviews appeared in the App Store.
I had version 1.1 done and ready to post before 1.0 was available. I’ve made a couple of changes to 1.1 based on user feedback, and will probably jump straight to 1.2, to be submitted tomorrow/Monday.